The Safe System Approach, Equity, and Traffic Safety Culture: These traffic safety topics underpin current approaches to traffic safety management. Each supports the vision of Toward Zero Deaths. A transportation system free of fatalities and serious injuries. That’s why we’ve added new sections to the TZD website to explore each topic.
- See how SSA applies to everyone in your agency through the project life cycle framework.
- Review meeting materials to get different points of view on how to get started with SSA.
- Read case studies on speed management.
- And link to high quality resources from FHWA, ITE, Road to Zero Coalition, and GHSA.
- Review case studies on how state DOT’s incorporate equity into safety projects.
- Gain background knowledge on equity in traffic safety by linking to Road to Zero Coalition’s 2020 webinar series and the GHSA Report on Traffic Fatalities by Race and Ethnicity.
- Learn more about the definition of Traffic Safety Culture, with access to the Primer toolkit, poster, and other resources.
- Review documents that outline processes for developing a safety culture program.
- Explore the safety culture of other states in Traffic Safety Culture case studies.
Explore the new traffic safety topics pages on TowardZeroDeaths.org.